Saturday, August 22, 2009

My Maya Angelou Dedication Page


Name: Maya Angelou

Born: Marguerite Johnson

Birthday: April 4, 1928

Birthplace: St. Louis, MO

Occupation: Author, Poet, Teacher, Historian, Civil-Rights Activist, Producer, Director, Playwright, Actress, Mentor

Family Life: Mother of 1 son

Ms. Angelou's accomplishments are too numerous to name on this page. Please go to her official website to read more about this Phenomenal Woman!

Personal Note: Although I do not consider myself a poet nor do I generally read poetry, I have become a fan of spoken word and my first encounter with Ms. Angelou was through hearing her recite her poetry. To read her words is one thing but to hear the voice of the woman that pulled them together is inspiring. No, I'm not a spoken word artist now but I have Ms. Angelou as an unintentional mentor in regard to my writing. The way she inspires and uplifts people that she may never meet in person is impressive to me. I don't aspire to match her in anyway except that I hope that my writing touches those that read it.

All of the information received on this page is from the official website for Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment